For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

These are the Apostle Paul's words while in prison for preaching the Gospel.

Friday, June 3, 2011

In Uganda!

I am in Jinga, Uganda. Will be going to Lingira island tomorrow to SHIM's base. On Monday we will go to Namiti island for a 3 day Pastor and Parenting conference. My focus will be building relationships and better understanding the culture so that when we start the clinic in a few weeks I wont be too offensive with my strange western attitude...Lord, help me! I will also be able to see the building that we will start the clinic at. They say that there is a lot of cleaning and painting to do so it looks like I will be bonding with the paint brush and broom. I do request that you all pray for the Ugandan nurse that they are trying to make a contract with. If she agrees to their contract she will be in charge of the clinic. If she doesnt...well, there will be me and myself. So please pray hard.
Love you all!
Karina
p.s. They call Karina Smith "Keeky" because "Karina" is a bad word. So far they have decided to call me Anne..

No comments:

Post a Comment