For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

These are the Apostle Paul's words while in prison for preaching the Gospel.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

God Provides

   My first week in Namiti went great. There is a lot of work to be done to the clinic. The only supplies there are two metal beds and a few expired meds.
 I've been on the mainland this past week working on  details for the clinic and spending lots of time washing dishes (random, I know).
    We went to Kampala on friday for medical supplies and to get vaccs and labs for baby Jonathan. Lets just say that getting stuff done here is very difficult. We went to one of the best hospitals in Uganda. An Infection Control worker would have a Myocardial Infarction if they walked in there. Since things didnt go good in Kampala we have to go back on Tuesday, so going to the islands was pushed back a few days.
    The great news is nurse Betty signed the contract!! And a team from Virginia are bringing 8 suitcases of medical supplies that a hospital has donated. Every little bit helps when there is nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that things are going well, especially in regards to the Namiti clinic. I will be praying for you as you move out there soon. I am excited too that you are staying until Sept. as I will be returning mid-August. It's neat to read about your heart for medical missions. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete